What exactly are the best citations for Google Places?
If you own a local small business, you need the best citations for Google Places just like you needed the best backlinks for your organic SEO efforts. In a previous article, we discussed the importance of properly formatted citations with respect to ranking highly in Google Places/Local Search Page Results. This article helps tackle where to get them and in what order to pursue them. You’ll notice that the sources at the bottom of the list either take more effort or require spending money to speed things along.
Top-Level Business/Place Listings
Check-ins/Location Based Services
** See our article about how to merge a Facebook Place page and Facebook Business Page.
Other Business Directories
- Localeze (Powers many online business directories)
- ExpressUpdateUSA (Powers many online business directories. aka InfoUSA/InfoGroup)
- Citysearch (InfoUSA)
- Yellowbot (Powers find.hamptonroads.com)
- Show Me Local Free listing offered, upsells available
- Insider Pages (infousa)
- Yellowbook (will force you to call)
- Local.com Must call them to verify. Fairly aggressive upsell.
- Mapquest Super long verification process – or – pay for their premium listing service to skip that
- Best of the Web Free, but very long verification process and serious upsells.